Eshhad Now Accepting Summer 2016 Internship Applications
Eshhad is currently accepting applications for Summer 2016 interns.
Eshhad’s interns will gain hands-on research, writing, and data-related experiences in helping the project achieve its goals to (1) aggregate and collate alleged religious persecution and sectarian attacks in Egypt, (2) provide background reports and analysis on sectarianism and religious rights in Egypt and the broader Middle East, and (3) contribute to the advocacy narrative around sectarianism and religious rights in the Middle East more broadly.
Much like Eshhad’s identity itself as an incubated project within the Tahrir Institute for Middle East Policy (TIMEP), Eshhad interns will be housed within TIMEP.
Located in TIMEP’s offices in downtown Washington D.C., the internship allows a unique opportunity for engagement in policy-making circles and interaction with a wide variety of civil society and government actors. Gaining dynamic experience at a small organization, interns will benefit from the mentorship of TIMEP’s and Eshhad’s accomplished senior staff, who will supervise the intern’s research and professional development.
- Applicants should be supportive of TIMEP’s mission and principles and Eshhad’s mission and principles.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Full-time and part-time positions are available.
- Preference will be given to applicants with backgrounds and experiences related to religious rights and freedoms.
- Arabic language proficiency is preferred.
- Please send cover letter, writing sample (1,200 word maximum; excerpts acceptable), and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In your cover letter, please address the following:
- Explain why you would like to work with Eshhad and on the topic of religious freedoms and rights.
- Please explain how an internship with TIMEP (and specifically Eshhad) will benefit your personal and professional development.
- What dates are you available to work?